It has been well over a year since I’ve posted anything, which goes against every blogging rule, I’m sure. The last two posts I posted were beauty and fashion related, but for this post I wanted to go a completely different direction and talk about one thing that has been on my mind a TON lately; the fact that in a month I will be a quarter of a century! For some odd reason I have such anxiety about that fact. I know, “25 is not old” and I am still “so young and have so much life to live.” I get it. But I keep on thinking about where I am in life vs. where I feel I should be, and in my head I have constructed a ridiculous list of where I feel I should be, given my age.
- Have at least my BA, I’m going to be 25! pssshh I should be halfway done with my Masters!
- Married… (Yep, that’s on the ridiculous list)
- Have a kid or two, since everyone I know is popping out kids.
- Have an established career.
- Be fit, eat clean, workout everyday… well because everyone’s doing it!
You get the picture…
The million-dollar question is, why do I torture myself with the SHOULDS?! So I decided to make a list of things of daily goals I SHOULD be accomplishing.
- LIVE in this moment, right now, writing this blog.
- Acknowledge each and every step, not matter how tiny I feel the step is.
- Appreciate change and evolving
- Remind myself I will one day look back and wish I was 24 going on 25.
- STOP COMPARING MYSELF to others.
The pace that I am taking in life is all part of my amazing journey. Society dictates so much in our life and it is up to us not to allow it to affect us. Cheesy, sappy, but oh so true!
5 Random Facts About Me
- I have a horrible habit of using leopard print as a neutral.
- I’m an english major with an emphasis in creative writing.
- I have four beautiful nephews who have my heart.
- I adopted a puppy a year ago. Her name is Thumper.
- I love shimmery lotion. The more shimmer the better.